Craps is a game of chance that requires a deep understanding of the rules and strategies. One of the most interesting and profitable bets in this game is a Come bet. However, many new players are not familiar with this type of bet, which can be a missed opportunity to increase their winnings.
In this article, we will delve into the Come bet in craps, exploring its rules, strategies, and tips to win big. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced player, this guide will provide you with comprehensive knowledge about the Come bet, how to make it, and what to expect from it.
We will start by defining what a Come bet is and examine its similarities and differences with other bets in craps. Then, we will explain how to place a Come bet, what the payout is, and the odds of winning. After that, we will explore various strategies for making Come bets and maximizing your winnings. Finally, we will share some crucial tips that will help you avoid common mistakes and enhance your overall gameplay.
By the end of this guide, you will have a deep understanding of the Come bet in craps, which will undoubtedly increase your chances of winning big. So, let’s get started and unravel the mysteries of this exciting type of bet.
What is Craps?
Craps is a popular dice game that is played in casinos around the world. It is a game of chance, where players place bets on the outcome of a roll or a series of rolls of a pair of dice. The game has complicated rules and many different betting options, which can be overwhelming for beginners LeoVegas.
Craps is usually played at a large table with high sides to prevent the dice from leaving the table. The game is played in rounds, with the first roll of each round called the come-out roll. The outcome of the come-out roll determines the bets for the round. Players can place bets on the pass line, don't pass line, come, don't come, and many other options.
The goal of the game is to predict the outcome of the roll and place bets accordingly. The game is fast-paced and exciting, and it attracts a wide range of players. It is important to understand the rules and strategies of craps to maximize your chances of winning.
- Rules: Craps has complicated rules that can be confusing for beginners. It is important to understand the basic rules of the game before placing bets.
- Strategies: Craps has many different strategies that can be used to increase your chances of winning. Experienced players often use a combination of strategies to maximize their profits.
- Tips: There are many tips and tricks for playing craps, such as managing your money wisely, avoiding certain bets, and keeping a cool head during the game.
Main Rules of Craps
Craps is a popular dice game that involves betting on the outcome of rolling two dice. The game is played on a large table with a variety of betting options and is usually run by a team of casino employees. Here are some of the main rules of craps:
- Players take turns rolling the dice. The first roll of a round is called the come-out roll.
- If a player rolls a 7 or 11 on the come-out roll, they win their bet. If they roll a 2, 3, or 12, they lose their bet.
- If the come-out roll is any other number (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10), that number becomes the point.
- The player then rolls the dice again until they either roll the point number again (in which case they win their bet) or they roll a 7 (in which case they lose their bet).
- Players can also bet on other outcomes, such as the total of the two dice or whether the next roll will be odd or even.
Overall, craps can be an exciting and fast-paced game with many different betting options to choose from. However, it is important to understand the rules and strategies before diving in, in order to increase your chances of winning and to avoid making costly mistakes.
Come Bet Basics
What is a Come Bet?
A Come Bet is a type of wager in the game of craps that can be placed after the point has been established. It is similar to a Pass Line bet, but it is placed on the Come area of the Craps table layout. The objective is to roll the Come Bet before a 7 is rolled.
How to Place a Come Bet
To place a Come Bet, a player must first have an established point on the Pass Line. They can then place their chips in the Come area of the table. This establishes a new point for the player's Come Bet.
Winning and Losing Come Bets
If the player rolls the Come Bet before a 7, they win even money on their wager. If a 7 is rolled before the Come Bet, it loses. If another number is rolled, that number becomes the Come Bet point, and the player must roll that number again before a 7 is rolled to win.
Advantages of the Come Bet
The Come Bet allows players to place additional wagers after the point has been established. This can increase the player's chances of winning and provide more opportunities for excitement in the game of craps.
Pass Line Bet vs Come Bet: What's the Difference?
Craps is a popular casino game that offers many betting options. Two of the most common bets are the Pass Line and Come bets. Although they may seem similar, there are important differences between the two.
- Timing: The Pass Line bet is placed at the beginning of a round, before the shooter rolls the dice. The Come bet can be placed at any time during a round, after the initial roll.
- Number: The Pass Line bet is based on the shooter's first roll, which is called the "come-out." The Come bet is based on the next roll after it is placed.
- Payout: The Pass Line bet pays even money if the shooter rolls a 7 or 11 on the come-out, and loses if a 2, 3, or 12 is rolled. If any other number is rolled, that number becomes the "point," and the Pass Line bet wins if the point is rolled again before a 7. The Come bet pays even money if a 7 or 11 is rolled after it is placed, and loses if a 2, 3, or 12 is rolled. If any other number is rolled, that number becomes the "come point," and the Come bet wins if the come point is rolled again before a 7.
Overall, the Pass Line bet is more popular because it has a lower house edge, but the Come bet can be useful in certain situations. Both bets are easy to understand and offer exciting ways to win in craps.
How to Place a Come Bet?
Step 1: Wait for a Come-Out Roll
In order to place a come bet, you first need to wait for the come-out roll. This is the first roll of any new round of craps. During the come-out roll, you can’t place any come bets. Instead, you can only place pass line bets.
Step 2: Place Your Come Bet
Once the come-out roll is over, the game is on. Now is the time to place your come bet. Simply place your chips in the Come area of the craps table. This area is usually marked with the word “Come.”
Step 3: The Point is Set
After you place your come bet, the next roll of the dice sets the point. If the shooter rolls a 4, for example, then the point is 4. Your come bet will now be moved from the Come area to the box that corresponds to the point number.
Step 4: Wait for the Come Bet to Win or Lose
Now that the point has been set, your come bet is “active.” If the shooter rolls the point number before rolling a 7, then your come bet wins. If a 7 is rolled before the point number, then your come bet loses.
Step 5: Repeat as Desired
You can place multiple come bets at once, using the same process outlined above. Just wait for the come-out roll, place your bet, and wait for the point to be set. Craps is a game of chance, so there’s no surefire way to win. However, using strategies and sticking to your budget can help you make the most of your time at the craps table.
Come Bet Odds and Payouts
- When you place a come bet, you are essentially betting on the next roll after the come-out roll. This means that you have the same odds of winning as you would with a pass line bet, with the added benefit of being able to place bets on multiple rolls.
- The come bet pays out even money, which means that for every dollar you bet, you will get your dollar back plus an additional dollar if you win.
- The odds of winning a come bet will vary depending on the point number established after the come-out roll. If the point is 4 or 10, the odds of winning are 2:1. If the point is 5 or 9, the odds are 3:2. If the point is 6 or 8, the odds are 6:5.
- The payouts for come bets with odds are also different depending on the point number. If the point is 4 or 10 and you take odds, the payout is 2:1 on your odds bet. If the point is 5 or 9, the payout is 3:2 on your odds bet. If the point is 6 or 8, the payout is 6:5 on your odds bet.
- It is important to note that come bets with odds have a lower house edge compared to most other bets in craps. This means that if you make come bets with odds, you have a higher chance of winning and a lower chance of losing.
Come Bet Strategies for New Craps Players
For new players in craps, the Come Bet can be a bit confusing compared to other bets. However, it can be very profitable if played with the right strategy. Here are some Come Bet strategies for beginners:
- Start small: Begin with the minimum bet amount until you have a better grasp of the Come Bet.
- Pass Line Bet: Before placing your Come Bet, place a Pass Line Bet. This ensures you won't lose your bet if a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled.
- Limit your Come Bets: Don't make too many Come Bets at once. Stick to one or two until you get more familiar with the game.
- Use Odds Bets: Odds Bets can increase your potential payout on your Come Bet. Make sure you have a Pass Line Bet before placing an Odds Bet.
- Be mindful of the House Edge: The Come Bet has a House Edge of 1.41%. To minimize losses, be strategic with your bets.
By implementing these strategies, new craps players can increase their chances of winning with Come Bets. It's important to always remember, however, that craps is a game of chance and luck can play a big role in your overall outcome.
Advanced Come Bet Strategies
Once players have become comfortable with the basic come bet strategy, they may wish to explore more advanced techniques to increase their chances of winning:
- Hedge your bets: Players can place a bet on both the pass line and the don't pass line in combination with their come bets. This reduces the house edge and increases the chances of winning on the come bet.
- Progressive betting: This strategy involves increasing your bet after every win and decreasing it after every loss. It's important to set a limit on how much you're willing to bet and to follow this strategy carefully to avoid losing too much money.
- Maximize odds: While the come bet doesn't have a fixed payout, players can maximize their winnings by placing the maximum allowable odds bet. This will increase the payout if the bet wins and reduce the overall house edge.
- Set a loss limit: Before playing, it's important to set a limit on how much you're willing to lose. Stick to this limit and don't chase your losses, as this can lead to reckless betting and further losses.
Ultimately, the key to success with advanced come bet strategies is practice and discipline. Take the time to learn the rules and develop a strategy that works for you, and always gamble responsibly.
Discover the Three-Point Molly Strategy in Craps
The Three-Point Molly Strategy is a popular betting system used in craps, particularly for those who enjoy high-risk, high-reward play. It involves placing three separate bets at once, with the goal of covering as many numbers as possible. This strategy can be effective, especially for experienced players who can read the table and observe the trends of the game.
The first bet in the Three-Point Molly Strategy is a Pass Line bet. This bet is placed with the shooter, and if they roll a 7 or 11 on the first roll, the player wins. If they roll a 2, 3, or 12, the player loses. If any other number is rolled, that number becomes the "point," and the game continues.
The second bet in the strategy is a Come bet, placed after the point is established. This bet is similar to the Pass Line bet, but it is placed with the intention of covering more numbers. If the shooter rolls the "point" number again, the player wins their Come bet. If they roll a 7, the bet is lost. If any other number is rolled, that number becomes the "Come point," and the game continues.
The third and final bet in the Three-Point Molly Strategy is an additional Come bet. This bet is placed after the previous Come bet has been established, with the goal of further covering more numbers. Again, if the shooter rolls the Come point, the player wins. If they roll a 7, the bet is lost. If any other number is rolled, the game continues and the player has additional opportunities to win.
The Three-Point Molly Strategy can be risky and may not work for all players. It requires a significant bankroll and the ability to read the table and make quick decisions. However, for those who enjoy high-stakes play and are looking for an exciting way to potentially win big, it is worth considering.
The Iron Cross Strategy
The Iron Cross strategy is a popular craps betting system which can be used in conjunction with the Come Bet. This strategy involves placing bets on the Come Bet, the field, and place bets on the 5, 6, and 8 numbers.
The idea is that by placing multiple bets, the player increases their chances of winning. However, it's important to note that this strategy comes with a higher risk, as the player is essentially covering almost all the numbers on the craps table.
To begin, the player starts by placing a Come Bet. Once the point is established, the player then places a field bet and a place bet on the 5, 6, and 8 numbers. This covers all the numbers except for 7.
If the shooter rolls any of the covered numbers, the player wins on the Come Bet and the corresponding place bet. However, if a 7 is rolled, the player loses on the Come Bet but wins on the field bet.
The Iron Cross strategy can offer high payouts but also comes with a higher chance of losses. It's important for players to use caution and only bet within their means.
The Inside Come and Across Strategy
What is the Inside Come Bet?The Inside Come Bet is a betting strategy used in the game of craps. This bet is placed after the come-out roll, and it is essentially a second come bet that is placed on the same number as the first come bet. The Inside Come Bet can be a great way to increase your chances of winning, as it gives you two opportunities to win on the same number.
How to Use the Inside Come Bet with the Across StrategyThe Across Strategy is another common betting strategy used in craps. This strategy involves placing bets on the numbers 5, 6, and 8. To use the Inside Come Bet with the Across Strategy, you would first place your bet on the numbers 5, 6, and 8. After the come-out roll, you would then place your Inside Come Bet on one of those numbers. If that number is rolled before a 7, you would win both bets.
Tips for Using the Inside Come and Across StrategyWhen using the Inside Come and Across Strategy, it is important to remember to set a limit for how much you are willing to bet. This strategy can be effective, but it can also be risky. You should also be aware of the odds of each number being rolled, and adjust your bets accordingly. Finally, it is important to stay focused and disciplined while using this strategy, and to avoid making impulsive bets. With practice and patience, the Inside Come and Across Strategy can be a useful tool for winning at craps.
The Fibonacci Come Bet Strategy
The Fibonacci Come Bet Strategy is a betting system that is based on the famous Fibonacci sequence, which is a series of numbers where each number is the sum of the previous two. The sequence goes like this: 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, and so on. In the context of craps, this strategy is designed to minimize losses and maximize profits.
To use the Fibonacci Come Bet Strategy, you start by placing a Come bet and then increasing the size of your bet according to the Fibonacci sequence after each loss. For example, if you bet $10 and lose, you would then bet $10 again, but if you lose again, you would then bet $20 (which is the sum of the previous two numbers in the sequence).
The goal of this strategy is to continue betting and increasing the size of your bets until you win, at which point you go back to your original bet size. This means that even a small win can help you recoup the losses from previous bets and get back to a profitable position.
It is important to note that this strategy does not guarantee success and should be used with caution. It is also important to have a solid understanding of the game of craps and its various betting options before attempting to use this or any other strategy.
- Pros: Can help minimize losses and potentially lead to big wins.
- Cons: The strategy relies on continuously increasing bet sizes, which can lead to large losses if a winning bet is not made.
Tips for Betting on the Come
If you want to increase your chances of winning at craps, betting on the Come can be a great strategy. Here are some tips to consider when making Come bets:
- Stick to a set budget. Like any gambling activity, it’s important to have a budget in mind before you start playing. Determine how much you’re willing to spend and stick to it.
- Learn the rules. Before placing any bets, make sure you know the rules of the game. This includes understanding the Come bet and how it works.
- Take advantage of odds bets. When placing a Come bet, you can also place an odds bet, which has a better payout. Make sure to take advantage of this when possible.
- Understand the house edge. While Come bets can be a good strategy, it’s important to understand the house edge. The house edge for a Come bet is 1.41%, which is better than other bets but still in favor of the casino.
- Manage your emotions. Gambling can be a rollercoaster of emotions, but it’s important to stay calm and level-headed. Don’t let a string of losses or a big win affect your judgement.
- Practice. Practice makes perfect, and this is especially true for craps. Take advantage of online craps games or play with friends to improve your skills and get more comfortable with the game.
By following these tips and strategies, you can improve your chances of winning by betting on the Come in craps. Remember to always gamble responsibly and have fun!
Common Come Bet Mistakes to Avoid
If you’re just starting out with craps and the come bet, it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and make mistakes that could cost you. To help you avoid some common pitfalls, we’ve put together a list of come bet mistakes to watch out for.
Betting Too Much
One of the biggest mistakes new players make when betting on the come is betting too much. It’s important to remember that even though the odds may be in your favor, there’s still a chance that you’ll lose your bet. Make sure you’re only betting what you can afford to lose.
Not Understanding the Odds
Another common mistake is not understanding the odds of the come bet. While it may look like a simple bet, there are actually a lot of different ways to win and lose on the come. Make sure you take the time to understand the odds before placing your bet.
Chasing Betting Losses
If you find yourself on a losing streak while betting on the come, it’s important to resist the temptation to chase after your losses. It’s easy to fall into the trap of thinking that your luck will turn around, but in reality, the odds always remain the same. Stick to your budget and don’t try to make up for your losses by placing bigger bets.
Not Taking Advantage of Free Odds
Finally, one mistake that new players often make is not taking advantage of free odds. This is a separate bet that you can place once your come bet has been established, and it gives you even better odds of winning. Make sure you understand how free odds work and take advantage of this opportunity whenever you can.
Come Bet Side Bets:
Aside from the basic Come Bet, there are also several side bets that players can make in craps. These side bets can provide an additional chance of winning, but they also come with higher payouts and lower odds of winning. Some of the most popular Come Bet side bets include:
- Odds Bet: This is a bet that can be placed after a Come Bet has been established. It allows the player to increase their original bet by an amount equal to or greater than their original wager. The payout for this bet varies depending on the point number.
- Place Bet: This bet is similar to the Odds Bet but can also be made before the Come Bet is established. The player can choose to bet on specific point numbers and will win if that number is rolled before a 7.
- Field Bet: This is a one-time bet that can be made on any roll. The player bets on a series of numbers (usually 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11 or 12) and wins if any of those numbers are rolled.
- Big 6 and 8 Bet: This bet is a simple wager on whether the shooter will roll a 6 or 8 before a 7 is rolled. The payout is 1:1 for this bet.
It's important to remember that while side bets can add diversity to the game and potentially provide bigger payouts, they also come with higher risks and lower odds of winning. Players should carefully consider their strategies and budget before making any Come Bet side bets.
The Field Bet as a Come Bet Hedge
If you're a craps player, it's wise to learn how to use different types of bets to your advantage. One popular strategy is hedge betting, where you place two bets on opposite outcomes to minimize risk. For come bettors, the field bet is an excellent hedge option.
The field bet covers the numbers 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, and 12. If any of these numbers are rolled, the field bettor wins. If a 5, 6, 7, or 8 is rolled, the bettor loses. Since come bets win on 7 or 11, and lose on 2, 3, or 12, placing a field bet as a hedge can protect against losing both bets.
Let's say you've placed a come bet and the point is 9. You could place a field bet to cover the 2, 3, 4, 10, 11, and 12 (excluding the point) to hedge against a 7 or 11 (winning the come bet) and a 2, 3, or 12 (losing the come bet). If the shooter rolls a 5, 6, 8, or 9, your come bet will still have a chance of winning. If the shooter rolls a 7 or 11, you win the field bet and lose the come bet, resulting in a net loss of zero.
However, it's important to note that hedging with a field bet can also limit your potential profits. If the shooter rolls a 9 (or any other number covered by the field bet), you'll win the field bet but lose the come bet. While you won't lose any money, you also won't win as much as if you had only made the come bet.
In summary, using a field bet as a come bet hedge can help minimize risk in craps. It's important to understand the strategy and the potential drawbacks before implementing it in your game.
Come Bet Etiquette at the Craps Table
While playing craps, it's important to follow certain rules of etiquette to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for everyone at the table. This includes proper conduct when placing Come Bets.
When placing a Come Bet, it's important to wait until the previous shooter has finished their turn and the dice have been collected. This ensures that there is no confusion or disruption in the game.
Players should also be mindful of their chip placement when placing a Come Bet. It's important to place the chips in the designated area in front of the player and not in the middle of the table or in front of other players.
Another important aspect of Come Bet etiquette is to refrain from touching the dice or reaching into the playing area during someone else's turn. This is considered rude and can disrupt the flow of the game.
Lastly, it's important to be courteous to the other players and the dealer. This means being respectful, not using foul language, and not complaining or blaming others for poor outcomes.
Following proper Come Bet etiquette can help create a positive and enjoyable atmosphere at the craps table, allowing everyone to have a good time and potentially win big.